Fall trends with Kayleena number 4: Graphic Eyeliner! (AND, ELF cream liner review!)
Who would’ve thought that a super thick, matte eyeliner would be so popular? I think it’s a hate/love relationship for me, sometimes I adore how it looks, others, I do not! This look really caught my eye though (no pun intended) and I just absolutely adored it!
Obviously this is a very thick matte liner, but instead of a wing, I have a squared-off edge! I didn’t apply mascara because I want this look to be focussed on just the eyeliner and have a more modern simplistic feel. I saw a few of the runway models sporting this look for fall and I had to try it myself!
How did I get it?
1. Pulled my eyelid taught so that I could swipe a thick long line of black cream liner to my outter corners. (elf cream eyeliner)
2. After extending the liner past my outer corners JUST A SMIDGE, I took my brush, held it upright, and drew a straight line upwards, right up to the holy heavens.
3. I brought the line that I drew up to about my crease, down to my inner corner, decreasing the thickness as I went.
4. To set, and make this look matte, I patted on a matte black eyeshadow and sharpened the edges with a small flat brush. (blue my mind, MAC)
5. To finish this look, I moisturized my lips and then swept on some long lasting lipstick in a neutral rose tone. ( passion preserved, MAC)
Elf Cream Eyeliner review:
Now, I’d have to rate this eyeliner a 4/10. Yeah, I really don’t like it much. I got it when I was a bit tight with money and I ran out of my other cream eyeliner, it was 3$ vs my regular liner at 19$. In all honesty it feels like that really, really, really shitty makeup you get for halloween to make clown faces. Yeah, the dollar store grease paint. It doesn’t last long, it smears, and it’s impossible to remove without spending a large amount of time scrubbing vigorously. I do not like to treat my poor sensitive ‘balls that way :(. I give it a 4 because it glides on smoothly and if you set it with a powder it isn’t too bad.
Just my opinion, for people who’ve tried it, did it work well for you?