Summer is the time of year that I just don’t care. I don’t wear much makeup, nor do my hair often. It’s usually pretty natural! I don’t like having on a lot of makeup when I’m swimming daily, hiking, or just being hot, so here we go!
1.Gud By Burts Bees Natural Nourishing and Softening Shampoo and Conditioner
- I love this stuff! My dry and frazzled hair is instantly smoothed with this duo, plus it smells like oranges!
- This is my go-to moisturizer. I love this stuff! Has a nice light scent and makes my skin feel extremely soft and… supple. Like a baby. That’s not the best way to explain a baby, don’t do that.
3.Target Generic of Saint Ives Apricot Scrub
- This stuff scrubs off all the ickies left over from fun summer activities, like hiking, swimming, camping, etc.
1. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
- This stuff is awesome, SPF 30, smells like lemon cookies, satin finish with a gorgeous brightening/glowy factor!
2. Skin79 Hot Pink Beblesh Balm
- Equally as awesome as the NARS tinted moisturizer. View more photos here!
1. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
- See review here! Super lightweight and perfect for summer time.
2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
- Have used this concealer for about a year now! Really lightweight with a medium-full build-able coverage.
1. NYX cream blush in Tickled
- Looks like rose-gold! Review here.
2. Essence legends of the sky powder blush in Better Way to Sky
- Gorgeous true coral blush
1. Nyx Matte Bronzer
2. Nars Albatross Highlighter
3. MAC Beauty Powder
- Gorgeous icy pink illuminator, great for fair skin
I love all these colors due to their vibrant and unusual shades!
1.Sinful Colors in 24/7
2. Essence You Rock in Speed of Light Blue
3. Julieg nail polish in Fierce and Fab
4. Essence Colour and Go in Let’s Get Lost
5. Wet n Wild Megalast in I Need a Refresh-mint
6. JulieG nail polish in 9 to 5
In the summer I don’t wear much on my eyes but when I do, these are my go-to colors!
1. Nyx Mellow Yellow
2. Mac Magenta Madness
3. MAC All That Glitters
4. MAC Orange
5. MAC Samoa Silk
1. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
2. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
3. Essence 2 in 1 Eyeliner Pen
4. ELF Eyelid Primer
5. Buxom Lash Mascara
(from top row to bottom row left to right)
1. Mattese Elite in Extacy
2. YSL Rouge Volupt in Nude Beige
1. MAC Reel Sexy
2. MAC Lovelorn
3. MAC Heroine
1. NYX Stella
2. Wet n Wild Purty Persimmon
3. Wet n Wild Don’t Blink Pink
That’s it! What are your summer favorites?
(pictured above, (left) Maybelline Color Show in Shocking Seas and (right) Essence Colour and Go Nail Polish in Let’s Get Lost)
Maybelline Color Show Nail Laqcuers have seem to become a big craze in the beauty industry lately! They retail for around $4, which isn’t bad at all, but who wouldn’t mind paying even less for a product that is even better?
Can you tell which one is which?
If you have a hard time guessing like I do, Essence is on my pointer, Maybelline on my middle, Essence on my ring, and Maybelline on my pinky! Both were given 2 coats.
The only difference I could tell was in the formula.
Maybelline was a bit on the liquidy side, it needs 2-3 coats to get a nice opaque color and the dry time is a bit longer than I am used to.
Essence however was completely opaque in one coat but I used 2 just to keep the swatches consistent. The brush was a little bit more stiff than of a higher quality nail polish but I had no problem getting smooth results. The dry time was fantastic! By the time I finished painting my fingers, they were ready and dry for the next coat! I was very pleasantly surprised for this little 50 cent treasure.
Both are great polishes but I think I will find myself reaching for the Essence one more, due to the higher opacity and faster dry time!