Similar to Mac! Nude lipstick edition.
Sorry for the extremely poor quality of photos and really messy lipstick tubes! Gross! I’ll explain that later on.
Let me introduce you, the two lipsticks that I will be comparing today are: Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Soft Nude (left) and Mac’s Creme d’ Nude (right).
Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Soft Nude is a very creamy and soft lipstick, hence the breaking of the lipstick and the excess all over the tube. It makes for an ugly appearance but don’t let that differ you from the quality of the lipstick! As you can see in the swatch, it’s extremely creamy and has a very high opacity. Exactly some of the qualities that we look for in lipsticks, right? Along with a wonderful application, it has a very long wear.
Now lets get down to the awesome part. Revlon colorburst lipsticks generally retail for 5-8 dollars in the USA while Mac on the other hand is $14.50. Purchasing Revlon’s Soft Nude will give you a near color to a very famous Mac nude lipstick for around half of the price! I think it’s an awesome deal.
- Same creamy consistency.
- Longevity of wear (around 4 hours on both.)
- Both are gorgeous peachy nudes.
- Glossy finish.
- Revlon soft nude is a tad darker, it has a bit more beige in it than Mac’s Creme ‘d Nude.
- Mac’s packaging is much better, along with the durability of their lipsticks.
- Mac’s lipsticks range from being around 2-3 times the cost!